French Toast Casserole
A great option for a Sunday breakfast!
- 6c cubed wholegrain bread
- 8 egg whites
- 1 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 c honey or sugar free maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 2 tsp. almond essence
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2c fresh blueberries
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine egg whites, almond milk, honey, essence and cinnamon. Whisk well.
2. Spray a baking dish lightly and fill with bread cubes.
3. Pour over liquid mixture onto bread and allow it to sit for 30 minutes, mixing once or twice to insure all bread is moist.
4. Mix in blueberries.
5. Bake casserole at 160 degrees for about 45 minutes or unil there is no longer any liquid between the bread.
6. Allow to cool and serve with sugar free maple syrup or Greek yoghurt.