Carrot Cake Bites
Raw Carrot Cake Protein Bites
Carrot cake in protein bite form, made with all natural, heart healthy ingredients.
12 medjool dates; pitted
2 cups raw walnuts
½ cup unsweetened coconut shreds
1 small full size carrot; peeled and grated
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. all spice
A pinch of sea salt
1 scoop (30 grams) vanilla protein powder
3 Tbsp. coconut nectar
Option of shredded coconut, hemp seeds or sesame seeds (to roll balls in)
- In a food processor, combine walnuts and dates, blending until well mixed and coarsely chopped.
- Add in 1 scoop (30 grams) vanilla protein, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice and salt. Blend until mixed.
- Take your peeled carrot and grate it into your food processor bowl.
- When finished, add in coconut nectar and process again until all ingredients are well mixed, and the 'dough' begins to stick together, forming a ball (some pieces of walnuts will be visible, which is okay, so don't over process).
- Begin by taking a little less than a golf ball size amount of your mixture, and roll it between the palms of your hands to create a ball. If mixture won't stick together, gently work the mixture between your hands to further combine the natural oils.
- Take finished ball and roll it in your choice of shredded coconut, sesame seeds or hemp seeds, placing finished bite on parchment paper.
- Repeat until all of the mixture is used.
- Transfer bites to a shallow container and let bites firm up in the fridge for about 20 minutes before eating. This is not totally necessary, but it will help keep them together.
- Cover finished bites and store in the fridge.
- Bites will save if well covered for about 3 days.