Kumara & Chickpea Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 large golden kumara, diced
- 1 Tbsp Moroccan spice mix or any spices you prefer
- 400g tin tomatoes
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2c salt reduced chicken stock
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, Add in the onion and kumara and stir well, cook for 5 minutes. Add the spices and stir well. Stir in tomatoes, chickpeas and stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes, until the kumara is soft.
- Serve on its own or with brown rice/quinoa.