Moroccan Quinoa Soup
Perfect for a winters day!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 Tbsp Moroccan seasoning
- 2 c salt reduced vegetable stock
- 7 c water
- 1 c quinoa
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add onion and carrots. Cook for 8 minutes. Stir in seasoning. Cook for 1 minute. Add in stock, water and quinoa. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes until quinoa is tender.
2. Add in veggies and chickpeas and simmer for 3 minutes until veggies are tender.
The soup is very thick, almost like a stew so add more stock to your liking.