Clean Cauliflower Pizza Crust
The beauty with this recipe is you can add any veges you like with your pizza! The options are endless.
1 small-medium head of cauliflower or 3 cups of cauliflower florets, stems removed.
1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano/basil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
¼ cup organic, shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup organic, Parmesan cheese
Your choice of mixed veges. I like mushrooms, capsicums, zucchini, onion and tomato etc
Optional – add some shredded chicken or meat of your choice.
1. Wash and dry your cauliflower. Pat dry to remove any additional liquid. Cut the cauliflower into florets (the top part) and remove the majority of the stem.
2. Pulse in a food processor for approximately 30 seconds until you create something resembling cauliflower snow. This will serve as your "flour" for the recipe. It should yield from 2-3 cups of "snow."
3. Place the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 4 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 180 D. If you are using a pizza stone, place the stone in the oven so that it can heat to temperature before you will put your crust on it.
5. Once your cauliflower has cooled (it will be a few minutes), place it in a tea towel and wring it out to remove excess water. Watch out - there will be a lot of water! You will want to do this over the sink!
6. In a bowl, combine cauliflower, spices, and cheese. Add egg and combine to a "dough ball" using your hands.
7. Place dough onto a piece of parchment paper sprayed with olive oil. Begin forming the dough into a round pizza shape. Dough should be approximately 1/2 inch thick with no thin spots or overly thick spots.
8. Take parchment paper and dough and move to pizza stone or pizza pan. Bake in oven for approximately 8-10 minutes until cauliflower is a light golden brown.
9. Remove pan and crust from oven and add any toppings you would like to put on it - sauce, cheese, meat, veggies, etc. (we used a clean soppresatta).
10. Once you have put your toppings on your pizza, bake it in the oven for about 5-7 more minutes until cheese begins to bubble.
11. Let pizza sit for 3-4 minutes to cool. Cut with pizza wheel and enjoy!