Larb Gai (Thai Chicken Salad)
Larb Gai - Thai Chicken Salad
This is a delicious refreshing Thai dish with flavours that pack a punch. This is an adapted recipe using common household items. Great served with brown rice or in lettuce cups for a low carb option.
1 tablespoon of sesame oil (peanut oil or any alternative oil is fine)
1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
2 gloves garlic (roughly diced)
2 spring onions finely diced
1 large red chilli (finely diced) add more if you like extra spicy
1/3 cup coriander leaves
1 heaped teaspoon mint leaves
½ a cucumber (roughly diced)
500g lean chicken mince
Juice of 1 lime
Juice of ½ a lemon
2 tablespoons of fish sauce
2 tablespoons of raw honey
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan or wok over medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic, spring onion and chilli to the oil and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the chicken mince and cook, stirring continuously until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and allow cooling slightly
- Combine lemon and lime juice, honey and fish sauce in a small bowl (stir thoroughly until honey has mixed in)
- In a large bowl mix everything together (the slightly cooled chicken, the sauce, the cucumber, mint and coriander mixture. Mix together.
- It can be served as is or is delicious served with brown rice or lettuce cups.