Lentil & Walnut Burger
A wholesome vegetarian swap for a meat burger!
- 1 tin of lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1c onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 250g fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c blended oats
1. Mash lentils and cider vinegar together in a bowl and set aside.
2. Saute off onions and oil. Add all other ingredients except oats and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
3. Pop into fridge and chill for about 1 hour.
4. Form in patties and fry until cooked through or grill for about 5-8 minutes on each side.
5. Serve in a wholemeal burger buns with salad of your choice, hummus and Low fat Greek yoghurt.